St. Peter's Basilica Digital Audio Guide
Experience the rich history and art of the Vatican with a visit to the iconic Saint Peter's Basilica. See all the priceless works from the Papal collections, including masterpieces by renowned artists like Michelangelo, Bernini, and many others.
Discover the magnificent works of art and architecture that adorn the walls and ceilings of the Basilica, including Michelangelo's Pieta and Bernini's Baldacchino. Learn about the fascinating history of the Basilica and the various popes who have left their mark on this incredible building
Our audio guided tour offers a personal and convenient way to explore the landmark, with insider knowledge and fascinating stories about the Basilica and its art and architecture. You'll be able to move at your own pace, pausing and rewinding the audio as needed to fully absorb the information.
- Explore one of the world's largest Basilica by yourself at your preferred time
- Learn about the fascinating history of the Basilica and its artistic treasures, including works by Michelangelo, Bernini, and other great artists.
What you get:
✔️ Digital audio guide downloadable on your smartphone
✔️ Self-guided tour of the Vatican neighborhood
✔️ Multilingual audio commentary in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Chinese
What you don’t get:
✖️ Physical audio guide
✖️ Ticket Entrance (The Saint Peter’s Basilica is free to visit)
✖️ Public Transportation Tickets
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 120 minutes.
- Please note that this is a digital experience.
- Once you book, make sure you download the audio guide on your device before your visit
- Once you book, you'll immediately be sent a link to download the app and content.
- St Peter’s Basilica and the Square may be closed in the morning due to Papal Audience (usually on Wednesday and Sunday).
- The opening hours are subject to change due to special events at the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter's Basilica.
- The entrance to the Basilica is free of charge
- Observe the dress code to access the Saint Peter’s Basilica (no shorts, vests, or sleeveless tops)
Using your own mobile phone as your guiding and listening device, our experiences are completely contactless and naturally adhere to social distancing guidelines.